The MoTeC Professional Lambda Meter (PLM) is much more than just a fancy oxygen sensor and a display head. The Backlit LCD features easy to read ½ inch tall numbers and is completely configurable with a PC, a standard RS-232 serial cable and MoTeC software. It is capable of interpreting and displaying Air Fuel Ratio’s between 10.3:1 and 470:1(gasoline), .7 to 32 Lambda or 0% to 22% Oxygen. The software, which comes with the PLM contains configuration tables to read Air/Fuel ratios on Gasoline, Diesel, Natural Gas and Methanol and allows the user to develop additional tables to suit other fuels. The PLM has an accuracy of +/- 1.5% depending on the type of Oxygen sensor that is used. The display rate is programmable and can provide up to 10 updates per second. The filtering of the value displayed is also adjustable.
Additionally the PLM is capable of communicating over a CAN (Controller Area Network) Bus which is a high-speed serial bus common in today’s data acquisition and engine management systems. The PLM contains a fully programmable 0 to 5 volt analog output, which could be used as an input for a data acquisition system on an engine dynamometer or on a race vehicle. This would allow a non-Lambda capable system to display and record the air fuel ratio during the race. Multiple PLMs (up to 12) can be connected together in several ways, to form a multi-cylinder Air/Fuel Analyzer, which would allow individual cylinder Air/Fuel ratios to be monitored.
The PLM is encased in an attractive aluminum housing, which is approximately 4.125 by 1.625 by 1 inch and weighs just 135 grams. There are two 5mm by .8 pitch mounting studs affixed to the meter and it requires a supply voltage of 7 to 16 volts DC.
• Weighs 135 gms
• Robust aluminum enclosure
• Operating range 0.70 and 32.0 lambda (for gasoline/petrol this equals air/fuel ratio range of 10.3:1 to 470:1)
• Display lambda, air/fuel ratio, or oxygen percentage for any sensor-compatible fuel
• Define display resolution (in decimal points), update rate, filtering, backlight intensity
• Easy Air calibration using PLM Software (no twisting of screws or watching LED’s required) Kits come with Sensor, Harness, Software, O2 Bung, Comm Cable and Users Manual